Obamamania and the headline game
I'm not ready to characterize this Obama hype as “premature” but yesterday I saw his face on a $10 bill.
P.S. I felt guilty about doing a blog post with only one joke in it, so here's some more for you.
I spent a happy evening yesterday catching up with an infamous online publication called The Onion. If you're not familiar with The Onion you're in for a treat. Basically The Onion is a fake newspaper specializing in satirical news and observational humor.
I have become totally obsessed with the style of Onion headlines. Here are some I thought up in the shower this morning:
- Putin resumes Cold War after watching James Bond marathon
- Shamefaced hipster caught watching local news
- U.S. Post Office announces Obama stamp
- Clinton reserves space on 2008 Supreme Court docket
- Cheating husband sends love poem to Russian spammer
- Wonkette editor fired for non-ironic Drudge link
- Half-dead ivy plots revenge against neglectful owner
- Mayor forms commission to recall rain prayers
- Norse gods announce membership drive
- Snape estate sues Rowling for defamation, emotional distress
- Lubbock Online employee regrets Hot Pocket purchase
- MySpace becomes sentient, deletes self in shame
- Xbox profile interpreted as cry for help
- Neglected Warcraft character gains 40 pounds
And here's one that only works as a picture caption: